The Most Legit Sh*t That You'll Ever Click
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get a transfer cable

5 posters

Go down

How to get a transfer cable Empty How to get a transfer cable

Post by Ot3k xReaCTioNZ Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Where can i get a transfer cable because microsoft never sent me one in the mail

Ot3k xReaCTioNZ
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

How to get a transfer cable Empty Re: How to get a transfer cable

Post by ctrdropshot Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:26 pm

check for some on Amazon...... here is one http://www.amazon.com/Data-Transfer-Cable-Xbox-Drive/dp/B001O3QU6A enjoy
ctrdropshot
ctrdropshot
Rookie
Rookie

http://gamebattles.com/profile/acidnation

Back to top Go down

Post by davidkjr Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:30 pm

1. Call 1-800-4myxbox (1-800-469-9269).

2. Have your xbox serial number ready when to call to save time.

3. Now, the only way to get a free transfer cable is if you ALREADY have one that is still under warranty and broken. But we're going to stretch the truth because you probably don't have a broken one.

4. When you call make sure you follow the robot's steps in order to get the right person, Technical Support, Console, 360, etc it might take a few minutes, but you won't get someone foreign. DO NOT just say the same thing 100 times to get to a rep. The robot interprets this as a different language and sends you to foreign people.

5. When you are talking to the rep say that your transfer cable that you got with your 120 GB HDD is broken, and it will not transfer data. Say that you got the harddrive as a gift and you think the person bought it from Microsoft.

6. When they ask what error message you got say "Connect the new harddrive to your console with the supplied transfer cable."

7. They will ask you for your information, might ask you to pay for one, say that you got it LESS THAN 90 DAYS AGO, just say a date that is around two months ago. Make sure you say it was a gift, this is important in a minute.

8. After talking for awhile with the person on the line and trying to get them to give you one (excuses include: my friend got one for free this way, or just ask to speak with their supervisor), they will call your supervisor and he/she will talk to you.

9. Tell them you can't get proof of purchase because someone gifted it to you and they are in another country e.g. My French Aunt bought it from Microsoft on December 14, 2009. She gave it to me as a gift but my transfer cable is not working properly.

10. They will ask for your info again and the supervisor will fill out a form and send you your new transfer cable.

11. I have added this step after seeing many posts about this. If they ask for you to send in the broken cable, you can complain that you a. cannot ship it, b. won't pay for postage, c. there is no reason to, it's busted etc etc. If this doesn't work, which it probably won't, just call again.

TIPS: Don't be an idiot.
Be polite.
Use real information.
Read this carefully and have your story ready before calling.

Good Luck!

davidkjr
Just getting started
Just getting started

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Oms Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:27 pm

or just read my tutorial

Sir Oms
Come here often?
Come here often?

Back to top Go down