The Most Legit Sh*t That You'll Ever Click
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing.

3 posters

Go down

How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing. Empty How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing.

Post by SStudly Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 am

The main use of this mod is at LAN parties when the game is installed to the hard drive and thus the game is only necessary to start up the game.

DISCLAIMER: I, SR2K, am not responsible for any damages the may occur to yourself, your Xbox, Your DVD Drive, Your House, or anything else. During the process of this tutorial you will have to open your Xbox 360 (Voiding its warranty) and your Xbox 360 DVD drive (Voiding its warranty). I recommend you familiarize yourself with these directions prior to attempting the mod. Just because this worked for me provides no guarantee that it will work for you.

NOTE: I preformed this mod on a Lite-on DVD drive. The process may be different for other brands.

MATERIALS:
Xbox 360 (Duh)
1 SPST Toggle switch
2 Normally open Momentary pushbutton. (If you can find a SPDT momentary you can use that instead of two)
Wire
Solder

TOOLS:
Soldering Iron
Wire Strippers
Pliers
Drill
Dremmel Tool (Optional)

DIRECTONS:
1. Open the 360; I won’t bother explaining this as it’s easy to find directions to do it.
2. Remove Radio Shield (The metal piece attached to the top half of the case.
3. Drill/Dremmel the appropriate holes for your switches and buttons, I positioned mine behind where the DVD drive is.
4. Mount the buttons and switches, hot glue works well. Very Happy
How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing. 94214799
5. Make a Space in the Back of the DVD drive for your wires to come out.
How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing. 14121588
6. Do the Same on the Plastic Part.
How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing. 96791835
7. Now in the Picture Below, The Orange Points get connected to the SPST switch, this is what overrides the sensors. The Red Point gets connected to one of the push buttons and the Blue to the other.
How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing. 76533302
8. Now, Solder a lead from the power in the rear USB plug to the same push button as the wire from the red circle above. (You can use any 5V source on the board for this; the USB port was simply convenient.) On these push buttons the pints that are on the same side of the button are the ones that are switched.
9. Next Solder a lead from any grounded point on the console (Metal Chassis, Port casing, whatever) to the same button as the blue point.
10. Now route the wires though the hole you made and plug in the console.
11. Test Time! Without powering on the console, press both pushbuttons at the same time, the DVD drive should eject, the switch position doesn’t matter seeing as the console is turned off. If it works, reassemble the console, if not check your connections.

USAGE: To use the mod start the console with the switch in the off position, and load up the installed game as you would normally, once you hear the disk stop spinning flip the switch to the on position and press both buttons, the DVD drive should now eject but the game will continue playing.

ISSUES AND INTERESTING THINGS:
Issue one: There is no function to pull the tray back in. You will have to push it back in by hand.
Issue two: If the switch is turned back off with the tray is ejected the game and console will lock up until you re-boot.
Issue three: If after finishing playing you return to the dashboard without the disk in the drive, the Xbox will get confused and may freeze, I recommend shutting down the console without quitting the game first to avoid problems.
Issue four: If the buttons are held down after the tray is fully ejected, damage may occur to the motor from the extra strain. DON’T HOLD THE BUTTONS LONGER THAN YOU HAVE TO!!

Interesting thing one: If the DVD drive is ejected normally with the switch in the on position it ejects at super-speed.
Interesting thing two: If the Console tries to pull the drive back in with the switch in the on position, it will not pull it all the way back in.

Hope, this helps you, feel free to comment or ask questions below.

[b]The tutorial may be re-written or re-posted freely as long as credit is given to its original maker, SR2K.[/b

obviously not by me, SR2K of Llamma's fame
SStudly
SStudly
Come here often?
Come here often?

Back to top Go down

How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing. Empty Re: How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing.

Post by Sir SW@GG@ Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:00 am

Wow iz anybody supposed to understand this
Sir SW@GG@
Sir SW@GG@
Mod
Mod

Back to top Go down

How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing. Empty Re: How To Eject You DVD drive, without the Xbox 360 noticing.

Post by SStudly Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:15 am

Chillax DC wrote:Wow iz anybody supposed to understand this

if you can read, know a few things about electronics, and have a room temp iq level id say yes.
SStudly
SStudly
Come here often?
Come here often?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Jake Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:29 am

Thanks bro this helps me out alot

Sir Jake
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down